We are seeking a Scientist to join our Cell Atlas team. This Scientist will use genome engineering in human stem cells (including iPS cells) to create better cell culture disease models for therapeutic discovery. Candidates will have worked in a number of technologies and disciplines, and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing methods for genome editing of stem cells, including human iPS cells.
- Establishing novel tools and assays to study protein localization and interactions in vivo.
- Using engineered cell lines for genetic screening and therapeutic applications.
- Ph.D. in molecular and cell biology or a related discipline with at least 2 years of relevant work experience in a research environment. B.Sc./M.Sc. candidates with at least 6 years of relevant experience will also be considered.
- Extensive molecular biology skills (cloning, PCR, site-directed mutagenesis, RNA synthesis).
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture, transient transfection, stable cell line generation, flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy.
- Expertise in human stem cells culture (ES cells, iPSCs, HSCs) and differentiation.
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing techniques.
- Must be highly collaborative, team-oriented, familiar with scientific software for analyzing and reporting data, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional advanced experience in any of the following areas is highly desired:
- Confocal microscopy and/or high content imaging
- Organoid culture
- Protein expression, purification, and biophysical characterization
- Compensation and Benefits
You’ll appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. You’ll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong scientific rigor, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, and an extraordinary culture. Our lab space is located in Mission Bay.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Stem Cell Scientist”.
This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.